Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Big Weekend on 6pr

What a year that was! Thanks to Peter for his effort over the last 6 months and to all the people who came to play on the radio - great fun and I think I learnt a little. The highlight for me was the ability to present to Perth the unfolding story of the Victorian Bushfires. When we ran with the initial information, we had no idea as to the size of the tragedy. The resources of 6pr were tested on that day and came through with flying colours. Radio has the ability to entertain and inform and to deliver when needed - on this day it had it all. My thoughts go out to the families who lost so much and now have to continue.
.
Again my thanks to you for your support and let's try again next year - I don't think I upset too many people in the top office..............did I?